Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Month Of Thankfulness - Post #15

Tonight I am so thankful for a husband who puts up with all of my desires to fulfill family holiday traditions! :-) We put up our Christmas tree tonight and started decorating the house. While we still have much more to do, it was so much fun to work together as a family to decorate!

I absolutely LOVE Christmas and the holiday seasons in November and December! I am also a very sentimental person and traditions are a HUGE deal to me. Not only do I love starting new traditions as the Kyle Roland Family, I also love keeping a few traditions that I grew up with. Tonight, Kyle graciously went along with one. :-)

You see, growing up, one of my favorite nights all year long was the night (usually after my brother Michael's birthday in early December) that our family would decorate for Christmas. But, what would add a special hint of holiday cheer was that every year my sweet Dad would go to Braums (for those of you who don't know, it's a great ice cream place in Ft. Worth) and buy egg nog for us to sip while decorating. Then after we were finished we would sit around and enjoy the lights and decorations while enjoying our drinks.

Sure, egg nog is a small thing, but it's part of what made that night so special for me as a kid and teenager! So tonight, although this tradition is foreign to him, Kyle graciously stopped by Kroger on his way home from work so that I could have my egg nog as we decorated. We then enjoyed continuing this tradition in our new little family. I can't wait to share it with Abigail and the rest of our kids as they grow up!

I am so blessed by my hubby and so thankful that he loves me for who I am... quirks and all! :-)

1 comment:

  1. OH YES!!! EGG NOG! special part of beginning the Christmas season!!
    Thank you for reminding me of those sweet memories!!!

    ReplyDelete