Thursday, November 17, 2011

Banana Bread Muffins

So, over the last couple of years I have tried multiple coconut flour muffin recipes and none of them have been my favorite and certainly none of them have made me say "Wow!"... until today! I found The Spunky Coconut's Banana Bread recipe this morning and I decided to brave it. I had to change it up a bit though due to being out of a few ingredients she calls for and due to our taste preferences. So, this is what I came up with:

Banana Bread Muffins

3 small mashed bananas
4 beaten eggs
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. coconut milk
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup raw sugar (I'd prefer to use coconut sugar but I'm all out)
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Combine wet ingredients in mixer. Blend. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl then add to wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Add walnuts. Pour into greased or lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Makes 11 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment