Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Month Of Thankfulness - Post #1

With the coming of the holiday season, it can be so easy to get caught up in the craziness of the festivities, cooking food, buying presents, hosting/attending parties, etc... that we miss the true meanings behind each holiday. So here on my blog, I'd like to dedicate the month of November to giving thanks for all of God's many, wonderful blessings in my life. My goal is to post each day one thing I am thankful for. It may be big, it may be small, but it will be something that God has blessed me with.

So today, for post #1, I am thankful for the fall season and the beautiful trees and foliage. It is so fun living in a state where the trees turn beautiful hues of golden yellow, orange, and red during the fall. It is my favorite season of the year!



This is the beautiful tree outside our living room window. I love opening my blinds each day to allow the happiness of this tree to infiltrate our home!



This street is across from Southern Seminary and close to Kyle's office. I just love the array of colors represented here. Just seeing them makes me crave apple cider! Mmm...

It is exciting to think that the beauty we see in these trees is but only a minuscule fragment of the beauty of God! My mind cannot fathom the holiness and intense beauty and awe that we will one day behold as we gaze upon our Savior in eternity!

Happy November 1st to your family! What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for an amazing friend who I will get to see and meet her daughter for the first time (!!!!!!!!) this Thanksgiving! ahhhhh!!! It can't come soon enough! Love you guys! And I love your new picture up top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for a precious daughter and son-in-law that love Jesus and are teaching my beautiful granddaughter about Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete