Monday, November 14, 2011

A Month Of Thankfulness - Post #14

Today I am thankful for wonderful mothering and parenting encouragement provided through books and blogs! We are so blessed in our day and age to have the internet at our fingertips and to be able to access wonderful, biblical material. Yesterday, as I was reading a friend's blog, I was encouraged by a blog that she posted based on this site. I haven't read this book yet but from what I've heard, it's great!

She offers several great free resources.The one that my friend posted about was "10 Points of Joyful Parenting."
It is so helpful in thinking through ways to be joyful throughout the day with your children and to show grace to your kids as you instruct them each day. Sometimes its so easy to get bogged down in the daily grind that as mothers we lose sight of the joy of training and raising up our children. So, I'm so thankful for blogs like these that offer practical, godly encouragement!

2 comments:

  1. One Thousand Gifts is a great book, though a hard read at times. Ann's taught me so much through her writing, testimony, and failures.

    She is such a blessing...probably one of the most genuine, humble, Jesus-focused women I have ever met. Her blog AHolyExperience.com is one of my must reads.

    I keep the 10 points of Joyful Parenting on the backside of my household notebook. It's a needed reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Glad to hear such a great recommendation for the book. I definitely would like to get it and read it! I'll check out her blog too! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete