Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February Meal Plan

So, before baby #2 comes I'm really seeking to get my meal planning back into full swing. It is SO helpful for me to have our food bought at the beginning of the month and put back in the freezer. Last night, I felt like I didn't hardly even make dinner because I just pulled our turkey burgers from the freezer and cooked them.

In an effort to simplify my days I am trying to incorporate more crockpot meals into our recipe collection; plus when I buy our meat at the beginning of the month I go ahead and portion everything out and place it all in ziplock bags in the freezer with the meal written on the outside (pictures below). This makes for quick and efficient meal prep the day of!

All of these recipes I will make gluten/grain free (Except for those with rice. Kyle and I will eat the rice but I'll leave that out of Abigail's serving.) and dairy free. Thankfully, Abigail is able to eat some corn products so we're able to still incorporate a little of those into our meals.

Week 1
Sunday - Chicken Pot Pie, Salad (Grain-free recipe)
Monday - Turkey Burgers, chips and hummus
Tuesday - Beef stir-fry, broccoli, rice
Wednesday - Tortilla Soup, chips
Thursday - Cranberry Chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Friday - Pepperoni Pizza (Abigail's pizza will be made on coconut flour bread. She loves this bread!)
Saturday - Leftovers

Week 2
Sunday - Steak, carrot souffle, green beans (I found the steak marinade on Pinterest and it is AMAZING!! I will say that we have tried it twice and we prefer it without the lemon juice in it.)
Monday - Fish Tacos
Tuesday - Stuffed Bell Peppers, salad
Wednesday - Chili over baked potatoes
Thursday - Coconut Curry Chicken, mixed veggies, rice
Friday - Bar-B-Q Chicken Sandwiches, chips
Saturday - Leftovers

Week 3
Sunday - Shepherd's Pie, salad
Monday - Salmon Patties, grits
Tuesday - Beef Bourguignon over baked potatoes
Wednesday - Chicken Chili, cornbread
Thursday - Chicken Fajitas, guacamole, chips
Friday - Sausage Pizza
Saturday - Leftovers

Week 4
Sunday - Steak, sweet potato casserole, green beans
Monday - Fish Tacos
Tuesday - Meatballs over spaghetti squash
Wednesday - Beef Stew, cornbread
Thursday - Buffalo Chicken Salad
Friday - Hamburgers, french fries
Saturday - Leftovers

Here are a few photos of some of the meat that I have put back in the freezer. I still have 4 chickens to cook down, shred, and freeze. :-)
 Pre-seasoned hamburger patties and meatballs.
 Ground beef
 Pre-seasoned Turkey Burgers
Super yummy fresh italian sausage.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! Good planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, i'm impressed! I need you to do this for me! I feel like I have lost my organizational skills and this looks incredible to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh. I will have to try some of these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! So far I've switched some meals around due to missing a few items but it's been great to just select whatever sounds good off the menu and serve it up! So thankful!

    A number of these recipes are new to me also so I'm hoping they will all be yummy! Let me know if you try any of them as well and tell me how it goes! :-)

    ReplyDelete