Monday, February 20, 2012

A Little Update

Today has been a day of much rest and relaxing for this Mama. Last night I hardly slept as I tossed and turned in bed; back aching, stomach aching miserably, cramps, etc... We're still not exactly sure what all has been going on but think it is the mix of either food poisoning or a little bug upsetting my tummy and making me sick, plus overdoing it this past week and weekend.
When you have an energetic toddler (and you babysit a 5 month old baby full time), it's hard to get in the rest that a pregnant mother's body is screaming for. However, after this weekend of increased cramping and soreness, Kyle and I have realized that I need to take a few steps back, cut out a few things from my schedule, and focus on keeping this baby warm and cozy in my belly for the next 11 weeks.

With that bring said, I'm looking forward to scheduling in some lazy mornings at the park with Abigail, once the weather warms up again, and lots of relaxing mommy/daughter time before our family's world is rocked (especially Abigail's!) with the addition of sweet baby girl #2! I want to really savor these last few weeks of being able to devote most of my time and attention to Abigail and yet also try to help her cultivate an excitement for baby sister and the changes she will bring. I know that her little 14 month old mind cannot grasp baby sister's arrival but she does LOVE her baby dolls, walking around holding them on her shoulder, patting their backs, and saying "day-dee" with a big grin. So I think I will start to let her put her babies into the bouncer, crib, etc... to hopefully help her begin to grasp the concept of a baby in the house.

I have been so thankful for the last couple of months when I've had the opportunity to babysit a friend's little boy full time! I believe it has really helped Abigail get used to having a baby around as well as helped me see what life with two children is like. :-) Our friends are moving in a couple of weeks to take a pastoring job in another state though, so I will no longer be caring for their baby. He has been such a sweet little guy and we've loved getting to know him!
Abigail especially enjoys having him around! She loves to sit on his playmat next to him and hand him toys, his paci, etc... The first day she ever saw him blow raspberries was priceless! She looked up at me with a huge grin, as if to say "Did you see that, Mommy? That's so cool!!!" haha... She's in for a fun experience of being an older sister. I think she will do great and be this Mommy's little helper! I'm so grateful that we had a little girl first. :-)

Well, I better get to bed. I'm so very grateful for my sweet, caring hubby who took today off work so that he could help me while feeling sick! He is amazing and so loving! I could not be more blessed by the husband that God sovereignly chose to give me! I love you, Baby!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for taking some steps back and resting! I'm having to do the same thing after dealing with lots of pain on my end, too. Praying you can adjust your lifestyle to exactly the level of rest you need for that sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete