Thursday, February 9, 2012

Baby Update

So, with Abigail I updated my blog basically every single week while pregnant. Ha! :-) With this sweet, precious girl, I think this may only be my second or third post. Now I totally understand why my parents have way more photos of my older brother when he was a child than they have of me... good 'ol second borns! :-)

For the record, we are 27 weeks, 5 days along.

This pregnancy is not only flying by, but by God's grace, it has been a fairly easy/textbook few months. I had morning/day sickness up through 12 weeks, felt great during my second trimester, and now as we're about to enter our third trimester on Saturday, my only struggles are my exhaustion levels (which have shot up in the last 2-3 weeks) and my daily hip pain. I am so, so thankful for how much God has poured out His grace upon me during this time!

Our baby girl definitely moves around daily but I wouldn't say she is an excessive mover. In fact, her heartbeat has been consistently much lower than Abigail's ever was at our appointments (which made us think prior to our ultrasound that she just had to be a boy! haha). I am very interested to see what her personality is like and if she is more laid back than Abigail. :-)

Our next appointment, on Valentine's Day, will be when I take my glucose test and it will also mark our transition in appointments to when I start seeing our midwives every 2 weeks, versus every month. This is a big appointment because it just shows how much closer we are to her birth! Yay! The thought of having a second little girl is so exciting for both Kyle and I!

I know Abigail is going to be a great big sister and just love her baby sister so much! It's fun to watch her interact with the little 5 month old boy that I nanny in our home. She just loves to sit next to him and read a book or bring him a toy or try to give him his paci. It's just adorable! Today, she saw him blow raspberries for the first time ever and she looked up at me with a huge grin. She thought he was doing something so cool! Haha... Of course, I have to keep a sharp eye on her around little babies because he zeal to love and nurture them as a little mommy sometimes gets the best of her! I was with a friend a few days ago and she had placed her little 4 month old baby girl on the couch while we were working on something. A minute later, we glanced over just in time to see Abigail pulling the baby down on the couch and about to try and pick her up around her waist and carry her like her baby doll! As we rushed to rectify the situation, both of us moms just burst out laughing! Abigail just loves those "da-dees"! It makes my heart melt!

Sorry I don't have any recent baby bump pictures to show you. I need to take some soon and post them. However, for now, I hope this updates finds you each doing well. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Haha! That sounds like Allie! Adam tells me all the time that after the baby is born I'm going to fall asleep on the couch one morning and wake to Allie carrying the newborn around! I didn't realize we were so close in our due dates! Just about 2.5 weeks apart! Praying everything continues to go well for you guys and your two precious girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori! Oh wow! We are really close in our due dates! For some reason it seems like you are much closer! :-) haha... Thank you for praying!

      Yes, I think our older girls are going to be our little mini-mommies to the babies! haha... It's going to be cute but interesting! :-)

      Delete
  2. Nothing screams "ROMANTIC" like a glucose test, tell Cupid I said "hi" :)And the story of her and the baby on the couch made me smile...Pax fell off the couch today head first...mom of the year right here :) I should probably refrain from posting comments late at night when all my sense is gone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... I know! Right? Exactly what I wanted to do on Valentine's Day! The nice part about it though is that Kyle will hopefully be able to take the morning off work to go with us, so at least I'll see him more that day. :-)

      Oh, Abigail is falling and bruising herself all the time! haha... The bruises always seem to target her head too. Hmm... not good! ;-)

      Delete