Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Texas, Our Texas, Oh Hail The Mighty State"

These words were singing forth from my mouth as I packed and got ready to go "home" to see my family. I was able to go home last summer for a couple baby showers, but Kyle and I had not been able to be there together since our wedding, almost two years ago now! Crazy!!! Plus, I was going to get to introduce my daughter to my brother and his family, my grandparents, and extended family for the very first time. I could not have been more excited! This ended up being a very good yet very emotional trip. There were tears shed at our arrival and many more shed at our departure. It is becoming harder to say goodbye and these goodbyes are beginning to affect my little nephews too. However, we were able to make some super fun memories together and our visits are just that much more anticipated!

When we arrived at my parent's house, we found that they had redone my old bedroom and made it into a guest room and study. They chose a "Charleston theme" since that's where my Dad is from. They did a great job and it was so pretty. My Mom also took time to repaint and freshen up the "grandbaby crib" and made a pink sheet. After three grandsons it was time to add in some pink!



We arrived late on Friday night at the airport. Saturday morning my brother, Michael, and his family came by to meet Abigail. They were SO excited to see her and the boys had been talking about "Baby Abigail" arriving for some time.

The boys were excited to see Baby Abigail!

 Aunty Lisa getting to love on Abigail for the first time.

Uncie getting to hold Abigail. It was fun to see her really take to Michael all week. :-)
Here are Michael and I each holding the others firstborn kid. Who would have know six years ago when Keagan was born that I would finally have my own little one now. :-)
 
Lisa and I holding Keagan and Abigail. I sure love my sister-in-law! She's such a blessing and a great example of a wonderful mommy and wife!

 My little buddy, Keagan. He was so excited to see his Aunt Sissy and Uncle Kyle!
Adorable Logan quickly took on the role of big cousin/brother to Abigail. He loved to hold her and walk up to her and let her hold his finger. He is very gentle with her and at one point when she was fussy, he told PopPop (my Dad) to just "rub her head like this" to calm her down. :-D

1 comment:

  1. haha Logan is so sweet!! What a precious thing to say! Agreed - Lisa is an excellent wife and mommy!! You too girl :) Loved seeing a little of your trip to TX

    And how sweet of your mom to have everything set up so special and welcoming :)

    ReplyDelete