Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Rolands & CJ Mahaney


Today in chapel, at Southern Seminary, where Kyle works full-time and goes to school, we were blessed to hear one of my all-time favorite preachers: CJ Mahaney. I was first introduced to Mahaney's teaching and ministry back in 2005 when some good friends from Criswell College, where I attended at the time, told me about Sovereign Grace Ministries. Ever since hearing him, I have soaked up his sermons, books, and conferences. His preaching, while rich in theology and centered on the cross, is so applicable and in his teaching he is so transparent. I have heard him laugh and weep while preaching and when you talk to him, his gentle, quiet, and humble spirit is so evident.

Here are a couple of my favorite sermons that he has preached:

God as Father: Understanding the Doctrine of Adoption in God's Word 

The One To Whom I Will Look  from his series on Humility

The Suffering Servant 

Check out his books and sermons (that you can download for free!) at the Sovereign Grace Ministries online store.

His wife, Carolyn, and three married daughters all write at their blog entitled GirlTalk. This has been another huge resource for me in my christian walk. I have gone to their site for encouragement as a single woman, a newly married wife, and now even as a new mommy. I would encourage all you ladies to take advantage of this site. It's well worth your time! Check out their resources page to find posts on various topics.  

Here is the video of Mahaney's sermon from today in Chapel. It's entitled "Deflating the Puffed Up Church." Hope you enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. What a great photo!!! I'm so glad you got to hear him preach. :)

    ReplyDelete