Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day


Celebrating my first Mother's Day this year was so much fun. My wonderful hubby totally pampered me all weekend long! On Saturday night, Kyle took me out to Red Lobster which is one of our absolute favorite restaurants so it was a special treat. Then he took me to the mall to shop around and bought me some beautiful jewelry. Yay! A mommy can always use new jewelry to "spice up" that shirt that has spit-up on it, right? :-D

 Kyle and I
Sorry the lighting was pretty bad... haha...
 Sweet Abigail smiling up at her Daddy
 Yum! Daddy's fingers are the best!
My a-maz-ing meal of shrimp and salmon... oh yes!!! You may drool!
Our graceful daughter reclining at the table with her foot up while we eat. haha! She got so much attention from the waiters and manager while we were there. People kept asking how old she was and commenting on her.
 Abigail LOVES cups! So I figured I'd let her try sucking on mine.
 Showing her the straw... (notice her fingers holding tightly to the cup!)
 Letting her try some water from a straw.
Oooo...
Kyle and Abigail
Once again, bad lighting, but such a cute picture so I had to post it!

Then, Sunday after church, he took me to Chuy's for lunch. Another absolute favorite restaurant of mine! We then went home and enjoyed relaxing together and watched a fun movie. Ahh... so nice to enjoy some great "down time" together.

Kyle, thank you so much for making me feel SO special on Mother's Day! It is a joy to serve you and Abigail as wife and Mommy! I love all that you do for our family and I'm so grateful for your hard work and the sacrifices you make for us. God could not have blessed me with a more wonderful husband than you! I love you so much, Babe!

Abigail, I know you will probably never read this, but I love you so much and I absolutely LOVE being your Mommy! Thank you for all the coos and smiles that you give me everyday and for loving me back so enthusiastically. I am blessed to have you as my daughter and I look forward to many more days and years ahead of growing in Christ-likeness together. I pray that God will draw your heart to Himself while you are young and that your days will be filled with serving Him.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Kyle did a great job celebrating you! Love the header pic of the whole fam! You all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! Kyle was amazing! He's the best ever! :-) That picture was Taken in Texas, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great mother's day pix!! You're so beautiful and all dressed up! Huge accomplishment for a mommy :D OH and the "oooo" pix once Abby tried the water is awesome....hahhaha! Good job to Kyle for pampering you! Oh, and in that first pic I love Abigail's cute little skirt - SO FUN to dress a girl :)

    ReplyDelete