Saturday, April 21, 2012

Baby Update




We are 38 weeks today! So crazy how close we are to meeting this little girl! I am so thankful we have had a smooth and uneventful pregnancy thus far. We are excitedly getting ready for, hopefully, another natural birth experience. (You can read Abigail's birth story here.)

We had such a wonderful experience with our midwife and doula last time and are really blessed to be able to return to the same birthing center in a nearby hospital. Because there are three midwives who rotate at our practice, we don't know which one will actually deliver our baby but they are all wonderful so I'm sure they will be supportive and take care of us. Although our doula with Abigail thought she would be able to help us this time too, this past week she had to graciously decline due to some family things. We were so sad but one of her very good friends who is also a doula was super gracious to take us on as clients just a few weeks before our birth. We had a chance to have her over a couple nights ago and we had such a good time chatting with her! We are excited to have her at our birth! I'm sure she will be a wonderful blessing!

At my last appointment for 37 weeks, it was exciting to know that I was progressed to about where I was in my pregnancy with Abigail. I was 1cm dilated, about 70% effaced, and at a -2 station. It was helpful for me to know that we most likely have a good wait ahead of us for her arrival so that I don't get too hopeful for an early delivery. :-) I'm looking forward to my 38 week appt on Monday to see how the Little Miss is progressing. Hopefully she will be gearing up more for her delivery. So far she has been a super champ at staying low and head down. Praise the Lord!

It's been so fun looking back at our old family blog and reading some of my weekly updates about my pregnancy with Abigail. Obviously I don't have time to do that with this pregnancy (haha!) but it's interesting to compare what was going on then vs now.

If you're interested to see my post at 38 weeks with Abigail, click here.

Over the next two weeks while we're waiting on this sweet girl to arrive, I have lots of things I can busy myself with. Not only do I stay busy with Abigail, but I'm hoping to have the energy to put back some meals in the freezer to eat once our family is gone so that it makes life a little easier on Kyle and I as we adjust to life with two little ones!

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment